Richmond Vale Rail and Mining Museum

RICHMOND VAIL
RAIL AND MINING MUSEUM

THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST

The story of the Richmond Vale Rail and Mining Museum.

The Richmond Vale Rail and Mining Museum was a thriving mine from 1910 to 1967. Today, you may enjoy viewing the old steam engines and peering down into the mine that drops 300 feet to the bottom.

Throughout the few years that the mine was open, Richmond Vale Rail and Mining had 54 lives lost. Many have seen and heard a variety of ghosts around the area.

Some hear the screams of the five miners that were going down the shaft in 1922, when the cable broke. Even though the shaft cage never hit bottom and was still hanging 200 feet above the bottom of the pit, all five miners were dead. Many feel a very sad feeling overcome them when they peer down into the pit.

Locomotive number 30 has the most stories about strange occurrences. The throttle will be found fully open, the engine’s whistle will be pulled with people standing right beside it and not seeing a thing. Many believe it is Mr. John Brown that died in 1930 from unknown causes that blows the whistle and he can be seen in the morning early hours firing up the steam loco. He is usually seen the third Sunday of each month.


Richmond Vale Rail and Mining Museum

Crop Circles

Page Sponsored By: Convert to AVI