THE GREENGATE BREWERY
THE LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST
STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG LAST
The story of the Greengate Brewery.
The Greengate Brewery is really
cottages that were built in the 17th century. The deed of the property refers to
the Greengate house being on the site in 1791. John Lee bought the buildings in
1828 with the hopes of creating a brewer, which he did and is still working
today under the name JW Lees & Co.
During the 19th century, several workmen died as
the result of the sinking of the brewery well. In the 1930ís, the supervisor was
missing for several days until his body was recovered at the bottom of the same
Since the brewery is still in operation, all
reports of hauntings are from those that actually worked at the brewery and some
still work there today. Some of the apparitions include a woman sitting at the
JW Lees boardroom table sitting with her back up against the table, a lady
wearing a long brown dress walking into the kitchen through the staff door, and
in the brew house, a figure in a white cloak has been seen several times.
Rumors whether true or not have been told by many
staff members. One night watchman claims to have bit hit across the face by
someone as he passed by the boardroom. He was so frightened; he waited outside
until other staff members arrived at 6am.
One staff member, while eating lunch alone, felt as
if someone else entered the room and was standing behind her. Once she looked
around, there was no one in sight.
A clerk at the brewery claims to have seen a hovering brown-cloaked figure. The
figure was tall and slender and moved between the shelves. Then just before her
moved through the shelving and disappeared. Spanners and kettles have also been
known to move about.
Page Sponsored By:
Arcade Force Gaming Directory