LONGEST LIST OF THE LONGEST STUFF AT THE LONGEST DOMAIN NAME AT LONG
Cats are very interesting creatures, man has
sought to learn what makes a cat a cat, and with these interesting
tid-bits about cats, maybe you can figure out the mystery.
- A cat has 230 bones in their body.
- They have four rows of whiskers. These
whiskers help a cat determine if
a space is too small for them to squeeze through. They are similar to
antennas that aid the cat’s judgment of the width of the area
they wish to crawl through.
- Cats do not have sweat glands.
- A cat’s brain is closer
related to human’s brains
than a dog’s brain.
- Cat’s ears can pivot 180
- The cat’s heartbeat is twice
as fast as humans at 110 to 140
beats per minute.
- The normal body temperature of a cat
is 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- An adult cat has 30 teeth.
- Adult cats usually have about 12
- A cat can jumps seven time its height
- When a cat is in a real hurry, he can
run at around 31 miles per hour.
- The reason your cat cannot find little
treats you place on the floor is
that they cannot see directly under the nose, another reason they paw
at their water dish before taking a drink.
- A cat can see around six times better
than a human because of extra
reflecting cells, which absorb light.
Purring and Body Language
- Meowing is not for other cats, it is
used to communicate with humans.
- When a cat holds its tail high it
means he is happy.
- If he is twitching his tail this is a
- If he tucks his tail close to his
body, he is insecure.
- An arched back is a sign the cat feels
- Cats spend around thirty percent of
their lives grooming.
- To calm themselves after a frightening
experience or a fight with
another cat, they will clean themselves with paw and tongue.
- White cats with blue eyes are often
deaf, however, if they have only
one blue eye they are deaf in the ear closest to the blue eye.